After a Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage is entered and the parties are divorced, issues may arise with regards to the terms and/or conditions set out in the parties’ Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage, Marital Settlement Agreement and/or Parental Allocation Agreement.

A spouse who is required to perform an act pursuant to the Judgment, who fails to do so, may be subject to a finding of contempt and/or other sanctions issued by a Judge. Often, a party who fails to comply with a provision of the Court’s Order is liable to the other party for his or her attorneys’ fees incurred in enforcing the provisions of the Judgment. Our lawyers will help determine if a violation has indeed occurred and if so, help you bring the matter before the proper court for prosecution and resolution

And in other circumstances, the provisions of the Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage related to allocation of parental responsibilities, parenting time, child support or maintenance may be modified on a prospective or forward moving basis depending on the facts and circumstances of each situation. If you have any questions regarding enforcement or modification of an already-entered Judgment for Dissolution of Marriage or Order, it is critical to speak with one of our attorneys to preserve your rights and claims